Post Brexit, the UK will be free of the costs and impositions of the Common Agricultural Policy. We will move from a system which subsidises large landowners to one that supports food producers, environmental protection and food safety.
• Leaving the EU will enable UK to design a tailor-made agricultural policy, rather than a one-size fits all scheme, designed to benefit continental farmers.
• Offer a wide range of grants with tackling anti-microbial resistance as a major priority.
• UKIP would introduce a Modern Food Act to ensure traceability and origins of raw materials.
• Create a National Agricultural Council to ensure ‘joined-up thinking’ between different Government Departments for food, farming and environmental matters.
• We will re-establish the Agricultural Wages Board for England, which would protect the incomes and conditions of farm workers.
• Legislate for food labelling to show country of origin, method of production, transport and slaughter.
Read Full News Story » UKIP Manifesto