• It is a matter of great concern that the state education system is turning out a large number of children who are functionally innumerate and illiterate.
• Teachers must be able to concentrate on what’s important by cutting down on bureaucratic assessments and appraisals. Education needs to re-focus on teaching children the basics.
• UKIP will encourage the establishment of new grammar schools, which are a proven path to social mobility for working class children.
• UKIP will push for a range of different types of school, including grammar schools, technical, vocational, general and specialist secondary schools within a geographical area. This will make our secondary school system more responsive to the differing aptitudes, capabilities and speed of development of our children.
• We will waive tuition fees for further and higher education in subjects vital to our national life: science, technology, engineering, mathematics and medicine subjects (STEMM) at university, dependent on graduates working in the UK for five years.
• UKIP will support real trade apprenticeships and apprentice degree courses.
• UKIP will drop the artificial target of 50% of people going to higher education.
• UKIP opposes gender confusion ideologies and the implementation of compulsory LGBT-inclusive relationships education in primary schools, due to be introduced from September 2019.
Read Full News Story » UKIP Manifesto