UKIP is committed to maintaining a strong and robust supportive safety net for those in genuine need, but which will not be a soft-touch on welfare.
• UKIP will end the unfair ATOS-style work capability assessments and replace it with a system using qualified medical practitioners.
• UKIP is committed to protecting the rights of disabled people and we support their inclusion in the workplace whenever that is possible.
• UKIP would scrap the bedroom tax – which adversely affects many disabled people.
• UKIP will stop child benefit being paid for non-UK resident children of foreign citizens.
• UKIP would not pay benefits to foreign nationals resident in the UK until they have paid tax for 5 years.
Read Full News Story » UKIP Manifesto